Peche Island is located at the entrance of the Detroit River. Monday was a lovely day. There was rain in the forecast, but I was delighted that the weather network was way off on their predictions. The day was sunny, warm with a bit of a breeze. Some of my group had difficulty hanging onto their paintings, but I had no issues at all with my new Sienna all in one Pochade Box. I have mixed feelings about my new box. There are some great features, but a few drawbacks.
- The price is great!
- There is a lot of room to carry paints and brushes.
- It’s well built.
- It stores 2 wet paintings in the base.
- It can be attached to a tripod.
- It has a brush holder station that sits on the side of the open box
- It has a large easy to clean wooden pallet that slides out to the right.
- It has a suitcase type carry handle that doubles as a towel holder.
- It weighs 10 lbs empty, add your supplies and it gets worse.
- Because of the weight it requires a very sturdy tripod.
- The tripod head must not be a ball type.
- The tripod head should secure with a screw rather than a spring load.
- The towel holder is useless and falls off.
I had to buy a new tripod to hold the box because of the weight. I thought I found the perfect tripod on ebay, but when I attached the box, the head could not hold the weight of the box at all. Lucky though the head could be removed and I purchased a new head that ended up working out just fine.